Thursday, March 4, 2010

#2 Grown up

Chapter Two: Grown up

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Gui, Aaron, wake up already. Get ready to go to school.” Who is this? I still want to sleep. I turned around and opened my eyes slowly. Who is this beside me? As the vision gets clearer, my eyes widen up. I sat up immediately. Why is he sleeping beside me? I calm myself down and started thinking. Oh yes. I remembered I was crying in his arms and I think I fall asleep after all the crying. I looked at him and smiled.

“Gui?” EH? I turned around to see Uncle Yan close up face. I screamed immediately. “Sorry. I frighten you.” He then moves back a little.

“What so noisy?” Aaron who is beside me rubbed his eyes and sat up.

“Aaron, get ready to go to school.” After listening to this sentence, he became bright awake. He gets down the bed and dashed into the toilet.

“Gui, you should start preparing also. I enrolled you into the same school as Aaron Gor Gor. So you will go to the same school as him. He will take care of you.” I nodded at him and gets down of the bed. I washed up and change into the uniform that Uncle Yan prepared for me. Aaron walked down the stairs with me. As I was walking down, the walking speed decrease. Mum was in the kitchen. Flashbacks came back to me. Just then, a warm hand held on to mine.

“Don’t worry ok?” Aaron smiled at me. I nodded and he led me to the kitchen.

“Gui..” Mum called me. Instead of going forward to her, I hide behind Aaron.

“Gui..” Mum called for me again. I started to shiver. What if she cane me again? Uncle Yan patted mum’s shoulder. “Let Aaron take care of her.” Mum looked at Uncle Yan and nodded.

“Gui, let’s have breakfast ok?” Aaron asked me. I looked at him and smiled. “Yes, Gor Gor.” He was surprised at first when I called him “Gor Gor” but he accepted it with a smile. After eating breakfast, we headed for school together.

“Gui, if anyone bully you, you must come and tell me ok?” I nodded at Aaron. Both of us then headed back to our own classrooms. After school, my new friend, Hebe showed me around the school. Just as we walked past the music room, we heard a piano melody. I know this tune. I ran into the music room. Just as I expected.

“Gor Gor!” I ran up to him immediately. He popped his head. He smiled at me. “Gui, how’s your first day of school?” He patted my head. “Great! And I got this new friend, Hebe!” I pulled Hebe to stand beside me.

“Hi.” Aaron said.

“H…Hi..” Hebe lowered down her head. What’s wrong with her? I do not understand. I didn’t bother also. I went to sit beside Aaron.

“Gor, can you teach me how to play piano?” He smiled at me. “Sure.” Aaron started teaching me a few notes.

“Gor, I got to go. I have to continue exploring the school.” I hopped down the chair.

“Ok. Be careful. Come back here when you finished touring. We will go home together ok?”

“Ok.” I smiled sweetly at him before leaving.

Weeks pass and it’s time for mum and Uncle Yan to get married. Everyone dresses nicely to celebrate this wedding. At night, we have the wedding dinner. Uncle Yan and mum was busy entertaining the relatives and friends. I didn’t know what to do so I went walking around. I think I’m too short for people to be able to notice me. I was being knocked down on to the ground.

“Sorry Sorry.” The man wanted to help me up but I just kept on crying.

“Gui? Gui? What’s wrong?” I looked up and see Aaron in front of me. “Gor..”

“Sorry. I didn’t see her which caused me to knock into her.” The man apologized again before leaving.

“Gui, can you stand up?” Aaron asked. I nodded. “Don’t cry already ok? Not pretty anymore.” He smiled at me.

“Gor, where did you go?”

“I went to the gents. Sorry for leaving you alone.” He patted my head. Guess because he was taller than me that’s why he loves to pat my head that much. “Let’s go back to sit.” He held my hand and led me back to sit.

“Mister, do you want any drinks?” A waiter came forward to ask Aaron.

“Gui, do you want any drinks?” Aaron asked me.

“Orange juice.” I said.

“Orange juice, thank you.” Aaron told the waiter. Throughout the dinner, Aaron was always with me. I felt very glad about that. From then onwards, I love to be around him. I rely on him a lot.

~8 Years Later~

8 Years have passed. I’m 17 now and Aaron is 18.

“Gui, wake up now. You are getting late for school already.” Mum started pulling my blanket away.

“Ok Ok. Yes mum.” I went into toilet and washed up. I’m feeling so sleepy. I headed out of the room.

“Ouch.” I knocked into someone’s chest directly.

“Look where you are going, silly.” I looked up to see Aaron standing in front of me.

“Gor!” I smiled and hugged him happily.

“Silly sister.” I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back at me.

“Gui, are you done yet?” Mum shouted from the kitchen.

“Yes. Coming.” Aaron patted my head and held onto my hand. Both of us headed to the kitchen to have out breakfast before heading to school.

~At School~

“Gui, after school wait for me here ok?”

“Yes, Gor.” We will always go home together, from young till now.

“Gui!” Hebe called out to me and came running to me. “Morning!” She said. Hebe and I have been many years’ friends. Both of us always go to the same school. I’m glad to have her as a friend too.

“Morning.” I replied her. She then turned to Aaron. “Mor.. Mor.. Morning.”

“Morning. Aaron smiled at her and turned to me. He gave me a peck on my forehead. “Go back to class already.”

“Yes. Bye Gor!” I waved at him before heading back to the classroom. Today is a good day. Gor Gor gave me a kiss. That counted as a kiss too right?? Even it doesn’t, it just brightens my day.

“You and your brother seem to be in a very good relationship.” Hebe said. Am I being too sensitive? Or it is true that she seems to be jealous?

“Yea. Since young, we are in good relationship.” I can’t help it but to smile sweetly over it. I really like be to with Aaron a lot.

“Oh.” She sounded sad. “But.. Since, both of you are brother and sister, can’t be together right?” Hebe asked. I was taken back by her question. I didn’t thought of this question before. If we can’t be together, which means that Aaron is going to be with other girls? No! I didn’t know whether this is love or just being too relied on him. I just wanted him always to be with me.

“But.. We are not blood-related.” I replied.

“But both of you are still counted as siblings after all.” Hebe said. After hearing what she says, the smile on my face disappeared. I wasn’t listening in class the whole day. After school, I went to wait for Aaron.

“Gui!”

“Gor..” He looked at me.

“What happened? You seem to be in a good mood this morning. Did someone bully you?” He started to get worried.

“Nope. No one bully me. Is just that..” He then calm down a little.

“Gor, will you leave me one day?” He looked at me.

“Why do you ask this suddenly?”

“Because Hebe said we are siblings, so we can’t be together. Since we can’t be together, Gor will be taken by other girls, isn’t it?” I looked at him.

He came forward and hugged me. “Silly. Don’t anyhow think about this type of things.” Aaron did not give me a direct answer. However, because of that question, I know that I started loving him as a man too, other than a brother. Does he love me only as a sister?

No comments:

Post a Comment